We are hoping to return to the tradition of celebrating the end of Homecoming Week with a Homecoming Dance for students in grades 9-12. These guidelines have been sent to all high school students.
- Dress may be formal (to the floor) or semi-formal in style.
- Girls’ attire will reflect modesty and self-respect. Attire that is overly revealing, excessively sheer, low cut, or excessively tight is NOT acceptable. This is determined by the chaperones and administrator on duty at the dance.
- Semi-formal dresses must be no more than four inches from the middle of the knee cap in the front and back of the dress. Please know, this will appear shorter on some than others and body type, height, etc… must be taken into consideration. It is better to buy longer and hem to an appropriate length than to buy short and try to make a too-short dress work.
- Note: semi-formal dress length should be measured with shoes on.
- Slits on formal dresses should NOT be higher than the top of the knee cap. Semi-formal dresses should NOT have slits, with the exception of a small vent or kick pleat in the back of the dress.
- The cut of the dress in the back must not fall below the middle of the back. Any opening below this must be covered with a solid fabric.
- Deep V or deep sweetheart necklines are NOT permitted.
- The bodice of the dress must not have any fabric cut outs in the front or sides of the dress below the neckline – two piece dresses are not permitted.
- No visible tattoos or body piercings are permitted, and only two earrings per ear are allowed.
- Males must wear dressy slacks, generally dark in color (black, dark grey, navy, etc.) Khakis and chino pants are too casual for this dance.
- Males must wear dress shoes.
- Males must wear long or short sleeve button down shirts. Polo style shirts or t-shirts are not permitted.
- Males must wear either a tie or bow tie.
- No earrings, body jewelry, body piercings, or visible tattoos are permitted. Hats are not permitted.
- Tuxedos or sport coats are permitted.
Note: Students/guests not properly attired will not be allowed to enter and their parents will be notified. No refunds will be given.