Catholic High, New Iberia...dedicated to the development of 4th-12th grade students through academic excellence and Christ-centered values rooted in caring discipline, compassion, and zeal.
Success for all learners is the vision of Catholic High, New Iberia. We seek to inspire our students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners who keep Christ at the center of their words and actions.
- The Catholic Church provides the foundation of faith and truth.
- As a child of God, every person is a valued individual.
- The school must provide a safe, caring, family-oriented environment.
- All students have the ability and the need to learn.
- Students must be provided with engaging, challenging, and diverse learning opportunities.
- Common goals and shared values, which honor the traditions of the Christian Brothers and the Sisters of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, are a part of the culture, community, and success of our school.
- A zealous commitment to continuous improvement is imperative.
Catholic High School continues a long and distinguished history of Catholic education in Iberia Parish, beginning with the opening of Mount Carmel Academy for girls in 1870 by the Sisters of Mount Carmel. Three years later, Holy Cross College began offering a college preparatory education to young men of the area.
Read more about the school's history at "This is CHS"